Wilson QBX Camp FAQ
This is a Quarterback camp where players will run through a variety of drills using Wilson X Connected QB tracking technology, meaning that every ball thrown during certain drills will collect data on the throw. That throw data is valuable for the player and coach, from a training and recruiting standpoint. A National Leaderboard will be published so athletes can see their data such as velocity, spiral efficiency, spin rate and release time and how they compare to their peers from across the country. These data points will be available to college coaches for review, just like they would for your 40-yard dash and other combine measurables. There will also be QB instruction, so players learn some tips and drills to improve their game. Camp will be roughly 2.5 hours in length.
- Velocity – how fast the ball is traveling from point A to point B, in mph
- Spin Rate – how fast the ball is rotating, in rpm
- Spiral Efficiency – how tight your spiral is, in percent
- Release Time – how quick you get rid of the football, in seconds
Athletes who have recorded times from a reputable combine have an extra edge when discussing scholarship opportunities with colleges. NCSA™, the largest athletic recruiting network connecting student-athletes with college coaches, will be onsite to assist players and parents through the recruiting process. Athletes will also receive Rivals and NCSA™ profiles.
Top performers at each combine will be invited to participate in the Rivals Camp Series the following day in the same city.
Wilson is the only brand that can track throw data from a player via technology inside a football. No other brand has the technology that Wilson has, which records all the movements a football makes when you throw it. This is a unique opportunity to secure the throw data that helps you from a training standpoint, as well as recruiting. College coaches want to see all metrics on a player, and as for Quarterbacks, it’s been hard in the past to get additional throwing statistics outside of original combine drills. The Wilson X Connected throw data provides additional objective data set that QB’s can be judged on. This technology is already being used by numerous NFL teams and Power 5 NCAA teams to see skill progression over time. Another added benefit to securing your throw data is for injury evaluation. You can use your pre-injury data as a baseline to aspire to when recovering from an injury to see if you have fully recovered. All players will be added to a leaderboard after each camp so you can see how you measure up against your peers across the country, using real life throw data.
- Rivals Combine Series Fast Pass that provides Premium Access to the combine taking place prior to the Wilson QB X Camp at the same location.
- Branded compression top for every player
- Unique statistics on their throwing velocity, spiral efficiency, spin rate, and release time to compare them against their peers from across the country
- Each QB’s throwing metrics will be included on a National Leaderboard
- Description of each metric and the benefits they provide to a player/coach
- Discount card for Wilson footballs
- Opportunity to enter a giveaway for an entire set of custom team footballs for your high school team
Camps are geared toward Fall 2022 high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors; ages 13+.
Yes. Posting Wilson X Connected throw metrics into a recruiting profile can definitely help your ability to be recruited. When evaluating Quarterbacks, college coaches want to know how you perform as an athlete, but more importantly how well you can throw the football and your arm strength. These statistics are valuable in recruiting just like your 40-yard dash, bench press and other combine testing elements. The only way a college coach can see data on your throws is to get the Wilson X connected data.
Players can sign up for a camp HERE. The Camp Fee is $30 and advance registration is strongly encouraged. Walk-ups are likely to be allowed to participate, but it isn’t guaranteed.
After registering, you will get an email confirming your reserved spot. You will also receive reminders leading up to the event. If you do not receive a confirmation email after registering, contact WilsonQBX@RCXsports.com
Please email WilsonQBX@RCXsports.com
The event is probably full. Registration will remain open until the event reaches capacity. After that, registration will be closed. Walk ups will not be permitted if the event reaches capacity.
No. If you do not pre-register, we can’t guarantee that we will be able to get you in as a walk-up. If the event is at capacity, walk ups will not be permitted.
Wilson X Connected throw metrics will be uploaded onto your NCSA Recruiting Profile. An NCSA recruiting profile enables players throwing metrics to be searched for and discovered by more than 6,200 college football coaches in NCSA’s network. Athletes also will have free access to NCSA’s extensive library of NCAA-compliant recruiting information and advice to help them on their best path to college. Don’t have an NCSA Recruiting Profile? Create one HERE.
Wilson X Connected football refers to a tracking sensor that is embedded into a Wilson game football. The tracking sensor is activated any time the ball moves, and transmits data wirelessly via Bluetooth back to an app. Once the data is recorded into the app, Wilson can generate reports showing throw data anytime the ball was thrown. Wilson owns this technology, and it is proprietary so no other brand can put a sensor into a football. The sensor does not affect the flight or weight of the ball so you cannot tell the difference between a connected football or a non-sensored football. This technology is used by numerous NFL and Power 5 NCAA teams.
The Rivals Combine Fast Pass is included in your $30 Wilson QBX Camp registration fee and allows you to be the first to test at the combine, avoiding any delays that might occur, and get access to a fresh turf field for better footing. There are only 300 passes available for purchase at each Combine. The Fast Pass athlete’s check-in window is from 8am-9:30am. NOTE: Fast pass athletes can check-in after 9:30am and will be moved to the front of all holding areas. More information on the Rivals Combine can be found HERE.
Players participating in the Wilson QBX Camp need to bring a pair of cleats and wear athletic clothing. No track or metal cleats are allowed. Gatorade™ will be provided onsite. We encourage you to leave any valuables at home. We are not responsible for any stolen or misplaced items!
Yes. We invite parents, friends and fans of the student-athletes to come and watch them test. However, please know that the space and location of the viewing area will vary greatly based on the venue.
Only credentialed participants, camp staff, volunteers and media will be allowed access to the field.
No, your registration is only for you and cannot be given to another person. Email WilsonQBX@RCXsports.com to notify our staff that you will not be attending the camp.
The Wilson QBX Camp COVID-19 guidelines presented might be more comprehensive and stricter than what is accepted locally. These guidelines will be based on CDC recommendations and federal/local guidelines. THE GUIDELINES WILL BE ENFORCED, REGARDLESS OF LOCAL GUIDELINES DURING THE TIME OF THE EVENT AND ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- The Wilson and RCX Staff reserve the right to remove any athletes, volunteers, and spectators who do not comply with the guidelines.
- We ask athletes who are showing any signs of illness or have been exposed to anyone who has shown signs of illness to please stay home. We also ask athletes who are recovering from illness to please wait at least 24 hours after the absence of symptoms before attending an event.
- There will be strict processes administered and enforced at the event in terms of entry and exit of facilities and event activities.
- Spectators may not congregate in the bleachers or viewing areas, a recommendation of maintaining 6 feet of distance from other spectators.
- We strongly encourage you to consult the CDC’s website for the latest information on the Coronavirus and the recommended methods to protect yourself and others from contracting or spreading illness.